Sunday, August 11, 2013

Translation : AKB48 Sousenkyo Mizugi Surprise 2013

Tashima Meru: The naive ace of Hakata

Learning how important is the center

How did it feel when your name was called on your first sousenkyo?

The truth is, when (Tomonaga) Mio's name was the first from HKT48 to be called, I sort of gave up (bitter smile). My goal was to rank higher than my rank of 42nd from the preliminary results. When Mio was called, I was honestly happy, but I also wondered if I wasn't going to be called and I ended up crying. So, when at 55th my name was called, I was really surprised and I felt like crying, but I remembered that I had decided to be happy and smile together with the fans, so I did that. Also on my speech I was supposed to smile!

You got into the senbatsu of "Sayonara Crawl" and you are the center of HKT48 as a kenkyuusei. After you joined, you have been really standing out.

When I was chosen as center of "Hatsukoi Butterfly" right after joining, of course I wondered if I was OK for it, but before that I also thought a lot about "What is a center?". At first I was absorbed in it without knowing that. But I appeared in music shows in the center position, and I was chosen for the senbatsu of "Sayonara Crawl" and worked with the AKB48 members, and lately I've been learning how important is the position of center. The performance and the behavior of the center is the first thing people see, so it leaves an impression about the group. I wonder if noticing this wasn't the most important growth for me.

Growing everyday, right?

I think the many chances to attract people that I had were connected to my ranking 55th, so I think this rank of 55th was a chance that the fans gave me. I receive this result as a report card, and I am going to work hard so that I can keep on growing. The chances are infinite, whether I seize them or not is up to me.


Thank you all for always supporting me.
I will keep aiming high and working everyday
in order to become the sun of HKT48
and to make my dreams come true.

Kenkyuusei Tashima Meru, also known as Meru
  
credited to DreamingPebbles

No comments:

Post a Comment